Sunday, July 06, 2008

Public Transportation

I gotta give WMATA (Washington Metro Area Transit Authority) credit, they are WAY ahead of MTA (New York's transit authority) in terms of efficiency. I love how many trains/buses run in New York, that you never have to walk far unless you want to, but dude, you go to WMATAs website and it tells you what time the next train is coming.

Yes, I get that this is not entirely necessary in NYC because the trains come so frequently, but it's awesome, and I'm sad I never used it when I lived here. It would have saved me a lot of time sitting at my metro stop trying to go somewhere on the weekend. Somehow I always got there as the last train was pulling away.

They also have the fancy screens to tell you when the next train is coming which again, not really necessary on some lines in NYC, but it'd be nice. Unfortunately, MTA doesn't have any money so it'll be some time until I see this stuff.

No comments: