Sunday, July 06, 2008

Just Call Me Butter, because I'm on a Roll

Since my movie is broken I'll just keep blogging away, la la la la.

I haven't blogged about music in awhile so I can write about that. My latest obsessions are Meiko and Katy Perry. I know, more chick singers, I'm going through a phase. A very long phase.

I probably mentioned her, but I heard Meiko at the Hotel Cafe Tour I went to this Spring. I bought her CD shortly after and I have been listening to it quite a lot lately.

Katy Perry has one of the hits of the Summer according to a lot of lists I've seen. Her single "I Kissed a Girl" is all over the radio and in my opinion isn't even the best song on her album. Yes, it's a little scandalous, so it's getting lots of attention, which is a briliant move on behalf of her label. But there are some other great songs on her album, like One of the Boys.

1 comment:

SmartAsh said...

YEAH MEIKO! I was raving about her this weekend while camping and my friend Jen was all, where have I heard of her before? I was all- from my rants and my gchat away messages. Just spreading the word as I know how.