Monday, September 17, 2007

McCarren Park Pool

The new iPod commercial featuring Feist (you'll know her by the fact you can't get the song out of your head) reminded me that I needed to blog on this topic.

One, Two, Three, Four
Tell me that you love me more
Sleepless, long nights
That was what my youth was for

Ha! See, now it's in your head.

Anyway, I went to a Feist show in Brooklyn with my friend Nicole and the venue was unlike any I've ever been to. I didn't know what to expect going to a place called McCarren Park Pool. I Google'd it and saw that there was, in fact, a pool at McCarren Park but there wasn't a lot of room around the pool.

The GA seating/standing room was IN the pool. The pool of course was empty so it's not like we were treading water, but it was still bizarre. Apparently this pool has been empty for years and just this year they decided to turn it into a concert venue. It's actually perfect if you think about it, the pool gradually gets deeper so there is a nice gradual slope so if someone is standing in front of you, you can still see. We actually were sitting for part of the show. Sitting at the bottom of the pool.

And guess what they yell at the end of the concert. Yep, "Everyone out of the pool!"

No comments: