Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pain Infliction

Ok, for those who do not know me well, I have a particular skill for injuring myself regardless of what I'm doing. Most people would call me a "klutz". I prefer the term "proximity challenged". I run into doors or door jams minimum once per week and often fall UP the stairs. If the numerous scars on my hands, knees, elbows, shoulders and legs aren't proof enough you should check out a blog I did last December from when I landed on my shoulder after dancing into my living room with very padded socks. Yes, it's still stiff.

Anyway, I did something I think only I could do to myself. While putting on an elastic headband to wash my face this morning guess what I did? That's right, I accidentally let go of it approximately 2 inches from the side of my face. So, has anyone ever snapped a rubber band on your arm? Yeah, think that, but thicker AND ON YOUR FACE. Yeah, it is safe to say I yelled a few words most people don't hear first thing in the morning. There is no welt or even lasting pain but seriously, do yourself a favor, and be rid of elastic headbands. Ouch.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Geez, Roxie. Leave the Red Rider headbands for those who have had the proper training. You're lucky that you didn't put an eye out.

LooseMoose said...

Perhaps it runs in the family. Remember Whit's suction cup accident? I'm sure your mother still has the pictures.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I won't lie - I totally thought your story was going to end w/ you having a welt on your face you had to explain to people all day.

That would've made it funnier :)