Sunday, July 01, 2007

See you Soon

So, maybe I frequent some places in my neighborhood a bit much. I realized how often today when I show up at Yummy Sushi and the woman asked me how I was doing and when I left, said, "See you soon!" Yeah, you probably will.

I also regularly go to Eastside Grocery around the corner from my apartment. It's actually a bodega, where you can pick up whetever you need if you're in a hurry. Friday night I stopped in there to get a big water for the beach on Saturday and finally asked the name of the guy who is ALWAYS behind the counter, Mohsen. Tonight I was craving some ice cream so went around the corner and he remembered my name, and I his. Then when I left, "See you soon!"

I really like my neighborhood.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I know exactly what you're talking about because I have experienced similar situations. I particularly like when they start making your coffee (or food) without you even having to tell them what it is. I remember this happening to me when I lived in Italy, and I thought to myself, "I'm as close to a local as I'm going to get!" Such a good feeling.