Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lemonade 10¢

Sunday was a GORGEOUS day, absolutely amazing, so I went to sit in Central Park with the rest of New York City. Besides meeting some interesting gentlemen that I absolutely cannot begin to describe, I walked by a lemonade stand that was run by two little girls. They had quite a nice setup, table, lemonade, cookies, nice little sign.

I was actually going to buy some lemonade, thought it was pretty cute, then I realized where I was walking. Yeah, I was on 86th St between Madison Ave and 5th Ave. For those of you not familiar with the city, these little girls live in a VERY nice neighborhood. I could not bring myself to provide them with any more money. Their combined allowance is probably the same as my salary so the lemonade stand just wasn't as cute.

Am I mean?

3 comments:

SmartAsh said...

That's awesome. And no. You're not mean. Out of curiosity, what were they selling the lemonade for?

Abby said...

I paid $1 to two little girls selling lemonade on the sidewalk outside the College World Series. It was 90 degrees, I was hot, and they live on south 13th street. Not super crappy but definitely not 86th and Madison.

Laura said...

I agree. Not mean.

But if it were in a sketch neighborhood and you weren't thirsty for lemonade, would you buy it anyway because of their economic situation?

If not, then maybe you are mean?