Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Beach

I don't need to go away for the weekend to go to the beach, I can just hop on the LIRR (Long Island RailRoad) which I have decided to start calling by it's phonetic spelling.

Saturday 4 friends and I went to Robert Moses beach which is the first beach on Fire Island. Admittedly, it took awhile to get out there (about 1 1/2 hours) but it was absolutely beautiful. It was probably 80 degrees, white sand, sunny. Gorgeous.

We even had a pretty good time on the train and on the way back we picked up a 6-pack and had Happy Hour. I think will be the first of many trips to the beach this summer. Next time I'll remember to put my memory card back IN my camera after uploading pics. Then I can share the beauty with you all.

Note: I, of Scandinavian descent and pale skin color that makes makeup counter ladies smirk, missed several spots when applying the SPF. Of course the around the ankle area, unreachable back area and around the swimsuit areas were most notably missed. Loose clothing for days...

2 comments:

SmartAsh said...

I, of shared descent, decided to lay by the pool on Saturday. I wouldn't say that I "tanned" so much as I burned. The red/white zig-zag on my neck where the face sunscreen ended and the lower SPF body sunscreen began isn't exactly what one would deem attractive and I found it is most difficult to cover up in non-turtleneck weather. So instead I'm just that girl. Happy Monday indeed.

LooseMoose said...

Make sure when you refer to the LIRR, you say L-I-double R...that way, you won't sound like a tourist.