Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Unnecessary Skills

I've decided to stop using the skills I've honed throughout the years that NYC has deemed unnecessary. This list might grow in time, but as of right now, it is limited to, finger/toenail maintenance and ability to sort, clean, fold laundry.

I was going to do my laundry on Saturday morning and I took it downstairs to my apartment's laundry room to find a sign on the door that said, "Laundry room will be closed till(sic) next week." I had my laundry soap, and quarters so I was just going to go across the street to the public laundromat. Then I said, nope, I'm going to have someone do my laundry for me. I walked over to my nearest fluff and fold (1/2 block) and handed them my laundry. What did it cost? $6.80 for TWO LOADS. For those of you with washers/dryers that sounds outrageous, but it's $1.75 per wash/dry in my laundry room. So if you calculate that with me, it would have cost me $7 to do it myself. Dropped it off at noon and picked it up at 5. And again, I didn't do anything.

As for mani/pedis, I realized that I haven't cut my own nails in awhile. When it's $7 for a manicure what's the point.

No comments: