Tuesday, March 27, 2007

October Road

Last night while cleaning my room aka, knitting, I caught up on all the ABC shows I haven't watched in awhile. Instead of making time to watch them, I watch "Lost" and "Men in Trees" on abc.com and if I miss "Grey's Anatomy" or "Brothers & Sisters", I watch these online as well.

Last night, I ran across a show I hadn't seen but was interested in watching, October Road. The premise of the show is that a guy goes back to his hometown after being gone for 10 years. Kind of like "Ed", another show I enjoyed. So after watching previews I saw who was playing some of the main characters and thought, they're WAY to young to be 10 years out of high school.

While watching, the writers were kind enough to provide timelines and the show started with the day he left, it said Summer 1997. Um, I panicked, "Wait, I was in high school in 1997. Wait, they're dressed in period clothing from when I was in high school. Oh my gosh, I've almost been out of high school for 10 years!" Ok, it's been nearly 8, but it was very weird to watch regardless. While home he sees a lot of his old classmates and they have kids, wives, families and again, I think, he's too young to be in this role, but then again, I go home and it's the same. I have a feeling this show is going to make me miss home.

Also, in the show they coined my new favorite phrase, "Where are you going? This night is still in diapers!"

1 comment:

SmartAsh said...

Dude. Thanks to your October Road suggestion, I have just spent two hours watching the first two episodes on abc.com. Its good. Setting the tivo good. :-)