Thursday, March 29, 2007

Red Phones are AWESOME!

I saw a belt in the J Crew catalogue recently and I really wanted it. Apparently, so did everyone else. I tried to order it online and it was back-ordered until May 8. I was not about to wait 6 weeks for a BELT so I went to my local J Crew store last Saturday to find it there. They didn't have it either but they directed me to this handy red phone.

APPARENTLY, if you are at J Crew and they don't have something you want on the floor, you can pick up this red phone and it puts you in touch with someone at J Crew. This person then checks availability online and through the catalog and if its on back-order they hunt down your belt at stores. It was AWESOME. They apparently take inventory of what all their stores have, find what I want, and they sent it to me. And it was CHEAPER than had I bought it in the store, apparently it was on sale in Schaumberg, IL. And, I'm pretty sure I didn't pay shipping for it. I received it last night, all wrapped up in a little package.

I LOVE my new belt, and the red phone.

NOTE: I would provide a picture of said belt but apparently due to popular demand, they don't even have it on the site anymore.

1 comment:

SmartAsh said...

dude. its like the bat phone. but red. and for clothes, not fighting crime and evil. i love it!!