Monday, March 19, 2007

Starbucks Employee I Shall Never Be

Before I developed my skills as a full-time employee, I always thought, "If I get laid off, I can always go waitress or work at Starbucks". And while I will probably never have to follow through on that plan, I realize that I could never be a Starbucks employee because of a weird habit I have developed.

There are two parts to this, when I get a hot coffee drink from Starbucks, I must
1) I turn the lid so the lip is directly in line with the Starbucks logo on the cup,
2) I turn the cup sleeve so THAT logo is directly in line with the logo on the cup.

I have tried to NOT do this, but I think it's just so much better all lined up.

And welcome to my world of neuroses. It might be a frequent feature on this blog.

1 comment:

SmartAsh said...

Wouldn't that be great if you did work at Starbucks though and people were getting hella angry b/c you're taking the time to line up their spouts and logos... I can only imagine the Starbucks lines in NYC and I'm sure this wouldn't result in very many compliments for you. Although, if you did work there I'd have to get you business cards that said "Barista" on them... that'd be tight.