Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Home, Sweet, Home

While walking home from the subway the other day I was thinking about how when I need to get out of the city, it's not just "not city" that I crave, it's the openness of home.

I'll be riding in a bus to Atlantic City this weekend for my friend Erica's bachelorette party and while it's nice to get out of the city, there are trees everywhere along the roadside blocking your view. I guess I'm just used to the openness of SD.

For those of you who haven't been to SD, here is a photo gallery of the towns/area around where I grew up (Jefferson). Isn't it pretty?!?! Thanks to Deb Truhe for the link!

1 comment:

Abby said...

It's definitely the openness of home that I miss--on top of the simplicity of things. It still takes me 30 minutes to get to the mall here. There is something Valhalla-esque about those pictures of Jefferson though. It might be small, but it still seems like a little peace of heaven when the "real world" is wearing you down.