Monday, February 05, 2007

Hey. How do I know you?

To my knowledge, I have never been accused of being shy. So, it should not come as a surprise to any of you that instead of sitting and contemplating how I know someone before approaching them, I make them help me figure it out.

This has happened on two such occasions when watching KU basketball in recent weeks. The first person I saw we spent about 15 mins trying to figure out how we first met. We have connections through about 4 different paths but we couldn't remember how we first met. We finally figured it out by her descriptions of my cute, really short hair. Ding. Freshman year English.

The second time happened this weekend watching the Kansas/Texas A&M game (don't want to discuss the result of the game). I saw a guy that I definitely remembered and he had on a Kanas shirt which, of course, led me to assume he went to KU. He lived in Lawrence but went to Baker, a college nearby. After he moved from Lawrence he moved to the Plaza (like me) and yep, lived a floor above me. He lives about 6 blocks away now. Small world.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love playing this game. The same thing happened to me with someone I met at a party. Turns out I had met him through my brother (once) 7 years ago. I don't know how I remembered, but after thinking for an hour or so it hit me. I said, "You were the sound guy for a Sunny Day Real Estate concert we were at, at the Bottleneck and you were giving my brother a live feed for his minidisk recorder." I think the guy thought I was nuts.