Monday, February 05, 2007

I'm Famous

...or, I just live pretty far from my alma mater.

I was looking through the KU Alumni magazine this past weekend (after a long happy hour) and went to "Class Notes" which is the closest thing to gossip I get from KU. For those of you who don't know, Class Notes is where they list where people are living/what they're doing, if they've gotten married or had a baby.

I always assumed you got in the class notes by sending the Alumni Association something you wanted to include. Turns out I was wrong. I was scouring the "b'03" listings and I run across one, "Hey! Like me!". No, actually me.

"Roxanne Karpen, b'03, is living in New York City and works as a Senior Research Associate at Harris Interactive"

Turns out they just go through the records and I'm assuming, pull those that live furthest from Kansas. Regardless, I was pretty excited.

1 comment:

SmartAsh said...

Congrats! That's awesome. I'm kind of sad though because I also figured that people sent the updates in and a couple of issues ago, in the USC counterpart, my freshman roommate was listed for a med school scholarship she received and I had really hoped that she sent it in herself. Sad. The school was actually just recognizing her achievement. I'll just continue being absolutely frightened that the girl who froze her leftover Kraft Mac & Cheese during college is going to be doing brain surgery someday soon. Shudder. Tip for the day: Keep your brain healthy if ever in the LA area people, they could be at risk.