Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Booty shaking

For those of you that don't know, since moving to NYC I have started, brace yourself, going to the gym. Pretty soon after my move I realized that, 1) I now have the time to exercise, and 2) it's probably good for me so I should.

For the last month or two, every Monday night I've been going to a Masala Bhangra dance class and shaking my booty; well , in Masala Bhangra you shake everything. I tried to find a good description of Masala Bhangra online but eerily there wasn't one. Most of what I found says that MB is a like an Indian Hip Hop infusing traditional Indian music with western rhythms.

I love the class and the more bouncy you are, the more accurate it looks. Unfortunately, I'm still pretty stiff in my shoulders and haven't found my rhythm there yet, but I hope with time I will. It's a great class and it's always packed. If you have access to a Masala Bhangra class, you should definitely try it or if you don't have downstairs neighbors you can get the workouts from Netflix. You feel like an idiot the first time you do it, but it's really fun.

No comments: