Sunday, January 21, 2007

Christmas Means Carnage

I've been planning on blogging about this forever, but was going to upload a picture to support my findings. If you don't live in NYC, you'll just have to take my word for it.

I got back from my Christmas holiday and found PILES of Christmas trees laying on the side of the street. There were seriously 8-10 trees per pile, about 3 on my street alone. It smelled great but I was a little worried someone would throw their cigarette in the wrong place. Apparently people just leave them by the street and then someone comes with a wood chipper and grinds them up for fertilizer in Central Park. Yay!

The best thing about it is that several people were unwilling to store holiday lights and tree holders. I saw more than one tree with it's decorations still on it. Wonder how those fair in the wood chipper.

No comments: