Thursday, January 18, 2007

Weather Update

Yay! It's snowing in New York! We're getting a light dusting this afternoon but I'm not entirely sure you can call it that when as soon as it hits the ground, it melts.

After the amazing weather we had in December it is suddenly FREEZING in NYC. Literally freezing, like I have step over the ice path from water spilled on the sidewalk. I personally feel like I'm being a trooper, by only complaining about being cold 10% of the time. I told my mom yesterday that it was freezing here and she reminded me that 24 degrees is not even crunchy coat weather (if you know what that means you have two thumbs up in my book).

We agreed that new standards of "cold" have to be created for me since I walk approximately a mile each way to work, whereas I probably never walked a consecutive mile when I lived in South Dakota. Well, except for the Presidential Fitness test.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We came up with three "Levels of Coldness" to describe the temps in SD to anyone who has not experienced it...
1. Frozen Nose Hair Cold
2. Crunchy Jacket Cold
3. Squeaky Snow Cold

I think they are all pretty self-explanatory.