Thursday, September 28, 2006

What's up McDonald's?

After watching Super Size Me I didn't eat McDonald's for a year but of course, convenience (and deliciousness) overpowered by health concerns. Health concerns that existed until I found the delicious McDonald's side salad with Paul Newman dressing...for a DOLLAR! Well, it was a $1.10 after tax in DC. I would usually get a side salad to eat with my boring frozen dinner lunch. You'd get your veggies in for a low price and still delicious. Such a deal.

Well, some coworkers and I went on a pilgrimage to the great establishment which is McDonald's. Me to get a side salad to supplement my PB sandwich, they were getting a regular salad. I was very upset to learn that in NY, and maybe nationwide, the side salad is not on the $1 menu. It's $2.05. What's up with that? The whole time I ate my 2 dollar and five cent side salad I was plotting how I'm going to bring my own salad to work every day. It's ICEBERG lettuce! It's in no way fancy or difficult to make! I just happen to think salads are better when someone else makes them.

I would LOVE to hear whether this is just a NYC thing or whether this is a nationwide development. Anyone, please, send McDonald's salad info to the NYC bubble in which I live.

No comments: