Friday, September 22, 2006

Tasti D-Lite

It's not just Charlotte York Goldenblatt's favorite evening snack on SATC, it's also a staple in the diet of many New York woman. While my first experience with Tasti D-Lite made me think it was completely disgusting, I think my actual comment was, "This tastes like sand" it's starting to grow on me. If you dress it up with the variety of toppings like, strawberry shortcake, hot fudge and nuts, caramel, it can be downright tasty. It's also a low cal snack which I'm sure is 90% of the appeal. Apparently that's all the models will eat which is probably not good since it's just chemically modified air.

While it is definitely growing on me, I must say I find the chemical makeup baffling. I accidentally spilled some on my desk the other day while enjoying an angel food cake/dutch chocolate twist. I tried to clean it up with a napkin but it wouldn't absorb into the napkin. The napkin kind of served as a zambonie just pushing it around. I finally got it off the desk and it NEVER absorbed into the napkin. It just kind of sat on the napkin until it dried. Weird, chemically doused, but that won't stop me from getting a sundae later this afternoon. Woo!

No comments: