Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's Coming!

So I had my first sighting of buds on trees while walking to work today and some daffodils are struggling to come up on the patches around the sidewalks.

I've seen some fully grown tulips, daffodils and hyacinths (my personal fave) that have been planted in flower boxes around NYC, a practice that has given me a false expectation of spring and is actually very misleading. The best part about all of these flowers is that they just start popping out of the ground one day and you know, "it's spring!". Planting full-grown spring flowers just seems wrong. Did you hear me boutique hotel whose name I can't remember on 87th St. between Lex and 3rd? Yeah, I'm talking to YOU.

So even though its gray and rainy today, I think I might have survived another winter in NYC. Bring on the sun and warm and flip flops and skirts (without tights) and afternoon margaritas because I'm ready!

No comments: