Sunday, January 27, 2008

27 Dresses

I don't think I often discuss movies on my blog so I thought I'd have a go at it.

I was in the mood to see "P.S. I Love You" tonight but since it is now only playing in Times Square; New Yorkers typically don't venture there for any reason other than to catch a show (Broadway not AMC). So, Nicole and decided to go see "27 Dresses" instead. For a bonafide chick flick, I have to admit, it was worth the $11.35 I paid to see it.

The best part (don't worry, no spoilers here) was when a character walks into her sister's spacious, luxurious, easily $3000 a month Manhattan apartment and says "Your apartment! It's so tiny!" and the entire theater (me included) gasped indignantly. Take a moment, and visualize. The line was nothing about yo' mama, no one trash talked you favorite team or neighborhood. Someone criticized the size of an incredibly large Manhattan apartment. The nerve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was a bad friend and didnt read your blog post(that you told me to read) prior to seeing "27 dresses" on scary girl movie night (yes i have trouble coping with girl activities without you). But even without reading your post I had the absolutely same reaction, I think I actually storted and said something out loud. It was in no way tiny, her stupid dress closet was enormous!