Monday, October 15, 2007

San Francisco - Part 1

The whole time I was in San Francisco I was thinking about blog topics and I think I'll have to type them in several posts rather than one super long post.

The flight to San Francisco was outstanding. I took Virgin America which is a relatively new airline flying between NYC, DC, Las Vegas, LA and San Francisco. If you're going between any of these cities, the flights are pretty affordable and the plane has some very cool features.

The in-flight entertainment center in itself makes it worthwhile. Each seat has its own screen where you can watch TV, movies (for $8 - boo), play video games (with the console in the armrest, chat with other seats (using the other side of the console with qwerty keyboard), and create playlists. There were probably 500 artists and you could select the track or the whole album to add to a running playlist.

All this was great but the COOLEST thing is that you could order food on your screen too. All the typically complimentary drinks were free but they brought them to you any time you ordered them. For some reason I thought this was the coolest thing ever.

Flight to NYC: Same plane. Red eye. I slept.

1 comment:

SmartAsh said...

Yeah! I can't wait to take this to come see you!! ((Although I'm taking a red-eye there, so I will likely appreciate it more on the way home!))