Saturday, April 28, 2007

Confessions

Ok, I just realized that there is something that a lot of you don't know about my current apartment. It's something that I thought was completely weird at first, and its now something I've just adapted to.

I don't have a microwave.

I know...big confession. But several people have thought this was really weird when they come to visit. I remember when my friend Molly was nannying in Petaluma, CA and she didn't have a microwave. I recall a good 10 minute conversation about the way she heats things. I just couldn't fathom how someone could exist without one. Now, I heat water in the kettle on the stove, heat up leftovers in the oven or on the stove, everything just takes a bit longer. The gas stove does get hot a lot faster than electic stoves but still. No microwave.

As I write this there is something else you might be shocked by, no toaster either. Not even a toaster oven. You can ACTUALLY toast things in the oven. Who knew?

No comments: