Friday, February 09, 2007

Oh the weather outside is...

...really dang cold. The last two weeks in New York have been absolutely freezing, which while compared to SD, it's tropical, but like I've mentioned before. I walk a lot more these days.

Walking around the other day when my jeans started to get stiff because of the cold, I was reminded of this really fun game that my friends and I used to play at recess during the winter. Ok, the game goes like this, We all huddled in a corner of the building, and we sat on our heels really squished together. If you were lucky that day, you were in the middle of the huddle and therefore warm, if not, you worked as the cold barrier for everyone else. I'm not sure how we decided who would be in the middle, maybe we traded off, I hope so. Any of my friends from childhood that could shed light on this would be greatly appreciated.

Not all recesses were like that though, once it snowed so hard we were able to make a snow castle in the snow with kid size ceilings, separate rooms, it was awesome. I obviously was not the architect of this, I'm sure the boys actually made it and I just enjoyed wandering around. Until the teachers broke it because it could "collapse" on us. Dang safety rules!

No comments: