Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Family Heirlooms


This past Thanksgiving my sisters and I started laying claims to family heirlooms from our childhood. Were we fighting over priceless china? Jewelry perhaps? No, we were fighting over a green plastic alligator medicine spoon.

Whenever we were sick as kids (ok, well into our teenage years) we took our liquid medicine from this alligator spoon. He has legs, he's fancy.
I am happy to say that I got the alligator, my argument being, "I was the sick one". I've never been so happy to have been susceptible to ear aches, bladder issues and a variety of other ailments in my life!

To make it up to my sisters for stealing a priceless heirloom I bought them alligator spoons from a medical supply company. If you come visit, I have some spares. Don't you want an alligator medicine spoon, or, "cuchara para medicamentos" of your very own?
Ab and Whit - cereal sugar shaker. It's on.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Pretty sure I already claimed that one so I think you're both out of luck...sorry.

Anonymous said...

Um, if you can play the "I was the sickest" card, then I can play the "I was the most hyper" card. DIBS!!!