Sunday, December 10, 2006

Word of Caution

Just a little note for my mom..."I'm fine" :)

If...

  • You have hardwood floors, and
  • They are clean, and
  • You're wearing very padded socks, and
  • Jingle Bell Rock is playing on digital Cable

Do not go dancing into your living room to get your credit card for purchasing Christmas presents online. BECAUSE, when you bounce on slick surfaces with zero traction on your feet you go flying into the air and hardwood floors are not surprisingly, not a very forgiving surface.

If you can imagine me flying into the air, with my feet above me and landing shoulder first onto the hardwood floor, you have a very accurate picture of what indeed happened this afternoon. I'm sure if anyone else watched it it was hilarious but was home alone. I'm sure my downstairs neighbors were wondering what the heck happened but all is well.

Nothing is broken, my shoulder is definitely in its socket, however I will be wearing slippers or shoes in my apartment from now on. :)

4 comments:

Deb said...

That's a pretty good way to get your mom to place an instant call to your cell phone. Glad you're doing ok. Remember you thought you were ok once when you actually had a broken leg. Remember?!?!?

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha.... I seriously laughed so hard at this! I can totally picture what was likely to you a slow motion fall. Glad to hear that both shoulders are in their respective sockets. I'm going to get you those socks with rubber snubbers on the bottom that babies wear when they're first learning to walk. Safety first you know...

Anonymous said...

Why am I completely unable to copy the letters for the "word verification" correctly? What does that say about me? It generally takes me like 2 tries to get them right. Obvs, attention to detail is not one of my strengths.

rb&sinkc said...

Glad to hear you are doing well! we are reading and laughing, looks like for the most part all is well, that should make Dad feel better. Email us if you have a chance we need you address!
R,B & S in KC
Merry Christmas!