Friday, November 03, 2006

Friend Test...30 or You are Out

Kids, it's geography day! Get out your thinking caps, it's time for a quiz! (As an aside, in 1st grade, we actually had thinking caps. It was a piece of paper you maneuvered to put around your head. If you have one of these, feel free to put it on.)

For the rest of you, I have decided that in order to be my friend you should be able to identify at least 30 of the 48 of the states on this quiz. I don't care which 30 but it would be GREAT if you could identify South Dakota. It would mean a lot to me if you could also identify Kansas but since it looks a lot like Nebraska I won't put a lot of pressure on you.

Since moving to the Northeast, I have met a lot of people who refer to the Midwest as "the square ones in the middle". For those in the Midwest, don't act all superior as I have heard the NE referred to as "the little states in the corner". I feel like this quiz is needed so EVERYONE can familiarize yourselves with the rest of the country. Good luck!!!

Thanks to Alicia for originally having this on her blog. Hopefully it won't be too much of a Friday distraction.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I didn't think about making this a friends test, but I should have. I felt dumb for missing 1 state, so I think only needing to identify 30 is pretty generous.

Abby said...

We had to take this test during my student teaching prep classes. I was amazed at the fact that some of the people who were going to be teachers could not pass this test. I felt like some sort of freak getting them all correct the first time.