Tuesday, November 28, 2006

B&N Needs New Marketing Department

Hooray for Book Club!

I finished Jane Eyre for book club about a month ago and I really regret never having read it before. Had someone sold it to me as a love story I probably would have read it before now. If you ask me, Barnes & Noble is not doing a good job of selling this book under their "Barnes & Noble Classics" line of books. With this as its description, who would read it,

"Poor and plain, Jane Eyre begins life as a lonely orphan in the household of her hated aunt. Despite the oppression she endures at home, and then later at the harsh boarding school she is sent to, Jane manages to emerge with her spirit and integrity unbroken. She becomes a governess at Thornfield Hall, where she finds herself falling in love with her employer, the dark, impassioned Mr. Rochester. But an explosive secret tears apart their relationship, forcing Jane to face poverty and isolation once again before finding happiness"

Additionally, since Wuthering Heights, which was written by Charlotte Bronte's sister Emily, has to be the MOST DEPRESSING book I have ever read, this also probably factors into why I have not read it. Overall, two thumbs up.

No comments: