Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Quick Update

So I haven't blogged in awhile and I'm headed to DC tomorrow to watch Gretchen run the Marine Corps Marathon (Go Gretch!) and participate in Friend Thanksgiving (pictures to follow) so I won't have time this weekend. Here are a few things that have happened lately:

#1
I've known for a long time that I could see the Chrysler building from my office, when getting coffee, there it is. However, I leaned a little closer to the coffee machine and, "What's that tall building?" oh, right, the Empire State Building.

#2
Soooo, I finally painted my room. Well, one wall. It's a beautiful color called Santorini Blue and it looks absolutely stunning. I meant to take pictures and post them but I've been kind of lagging on the posting of pictures. Sorry! I promise after this weekend there will be a ton of new pics.

#3
Found a bar that has beer pong every day. Three tables, with waiting lines. I have a feeling that I'll be back to this bar, preferably not on a school night.

#4
NEWEST OBSESSION! I have downloaded approximately 20 podcasts to my iPod in the last few days. They're free which is very beneficial and they're automatically downloaded when a new one comes out. I have downloaded all 21 episodes of Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips to Better Writing and am MOST excited about getting the weekly podcast of This American Life. If you haven't listened to This American Life on NPR you should start. I've never been able to listen to the show on a regular basis but always listen to the streaming past episodes. The fact that I can listen to them on my way to work...so excited.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I just subscribed to TAL, too. Thanks for the inspiration. When I was at David Sedaris on Saturday, he mentioned Sarah Vowell and I got v. excited. Speaking of which, if I don't find your books during my move next week I'll replace them.

Alicia said...

PS - the Chrysler building is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

okay... so I took your suggestion and downloaded the Grammer Girl podcast. I listened to them all this weekend on the way to San Francisco. They are great and I definitely picked up a few great pointers! Thanks for the suggestion!