Monday, October 09, 2006

Must be an East Coast Thing

Very few things disgust me on the street. I can handle garbage, I'm even getting better at seeing dog dropping remnants and not freaking out. However, something that absolutely grosses me out is seeing chicken bones on the street, or, any type of bone for that matter. Evidenced below:


Well, I thought maybe the chicken bone litter was a DC thing but it turns out it must be an East Coast thing. There have been 2 chicken bone spottings in recent weeks. If you are a chicken bone litterer, I beg you, please stop. Seeing animal carcass on the street is gross, even if it was edible at some point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a west coast thing as well and I was totally grossed out because I originally thought it was old food. Upon researching (asking random people if they too were grossed out) I found out that the random bones on the sidewalk are carried there by seagulls. While this made sense at the time, I now realize its strange that I didn't question the original origin of the bones... Hmmm. I also don't think you have seagulls in NYC. Pigeons maybe? I will let you know what I find out.