Monday, September 11, 2006

Puppies!

I have never wanted a dog as much or been so happy to NOT have a dog in my life. It seems everyone has a dog on the Upper East Side, and how can you not with puppy stores on every block? I went and visited a 12 week old Pembroke Welsh Corgi in a store yesterday. While I desperately wanted to take her home, for $800, she was a LITTLE too expensive. PLUS, where would I put a dog? While some apartments are large enough to accommodate a dog, mine is not one of them. I have actually seen dogs that resemble bears walking on the streets with their owners. I saw a dog yesterday that, on all 4 legs, its head reached my armpit. No apartment is big enough for a dog that size. And something else I encountered with this dog, I can't imagine why anyone would want to pick up poop that big. Most people have a grocery sack, this needed a 12 gallon garbage bag. N-A-S-T-Y.

No comments: