Sunday, September 17, 2006

No Smoking? No...No Laundry

Now I might be slightly inebriated, however, I just realized that the no smoking in bars law in NYC has nothing to do with the dangers of second hand smoke. Nothing!!! It has nothing to do with the dangers of second hand smoke and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that New Yorkers got sick of taking all of their smelly smoke filled clothes either to the dry cleaner, the guy who does your laundry, or to the laundromat.

With the danger of sounding like the smelly girl, I'd like to make a confession. I threw the shirt that I wore tonight (for approximately 6 hours) in the clean pile on my cedar chest which holds other clothing items that can be reworn without washing. If you were allowed to smoke in NYC, that shirt would not only be thrown in the dirty clothes, but sealed in a ziploc bag to keep the smoky smell from drifting to the rest of the clothes in my closet.

I champion the No Smoking laws in New York! Cheers to the smell free scent when returning home from the bars. I'm sure the sale of Febreze in NYC went down after the No Smoking law was inacted and I'm glad the need to spray down your clothing after a night out has been diminished. I HEART New York!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Before I even read your last paragraph, my comment was going to be that my Febreeze usage has decreased significantly since Mpls went smoke free. And as a girl with nappy, smoke-absorbing hair, I'm doubly happy.

Laura said...

YEAH blogging!!!! I like hearing about your take on the world of NYC.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Roxie's blog.

Here's the deal about living somewhere that is smoke-free -- whenever I leave LA to go somewhere that smoke is allowed, I am unable to see clearly by the end of the night. My eyes water like they've never seen smoke in their life. Therefore, I highly support a nation-wide ban. Should we start a grassroots campaign?

Laura said...

I'm w/ you Ash - I haven't lived in a city w/ smoking in bars in over 2 years, and now smoking in bars is nasty and makes my throat burn the next day. Let's get civilized and get rid of smoking in bars.