Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Post Surgery - 3 months later

So I think I left off with Rommi taking me home. I really wasn't feeling much pain but the blood was a little nasty.

I basically lay on the couch for days, watched DVDs and slept. I never figured out whether it was my pain pills or the antibiotics that made me so loopy. I'd always take them at the same time and then 30 mins later I was OUT OF IT.

On day 3 or so the bleeding stopped and I didn't have to change my nose diaper as much and on Day 6 I was convinced my nose straws were trying to escape, but they stayed in.

Then the doctor, who laughs like Fozzy took them out. The splints were way longer that any object should be that goes up your nose. Way. Way longer. He sucked out all the gross stuff and it was insane how well I could breathe. To quote him "it was really messed up in there". I read some guy's blog about his experience and he said, "its like drinking through a stir stick your whole life and then drinking with a McDonald's straw. Woah! Big straw. Woah! Big straw." For a few hours I was breathing so deep that my lungs we're having trouble catching up with my nose.

3 months later I feel great, I still get a little congested on one side but its better than the alternative.

If you or anyone you know is considering the surgery, do it!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: