Monday, January 19, 2009

It's hot in heeerrrrrrr

Ask my family, I'm SUCH a baby when it comes to being cold. At all winter holidays I walk around wrapped in blankets or my favorite poncho and the space heater in my room is always set at high. It's in particular contrast because my family members are mammalian and can withstand a normal range of temperature without complaining.

This past weekend I rearranged my room (there are two possible arrangements, I went back to the original) and when doing so, decided to take my air conditioner out of my window. It has been there since summer '07 and I just dealt with the draft from Winter '07/'08 by sealing it with a blanket and some packing tape. Well, it's been particularly cold in my room in the mornings lately (approximately 60-65 degrees F) and basically I WANT TO DIE.

So, now that the A/C is out of the window I'm experiencing something I call, "Tropics in January". For example, when I took the A/C out of my window my room was a comfortable 73 degrees (from a space heater...ahem, I'm a baby). Now that the A/C is not letting in a draft, my bedroom is approximately 83 degrees. My window has been open for approximately 1 hour (at 32.2 degrees) and it's still 83.3 degrees. I'm not sure that removing my A/C was such a great move. I mean, I like being warm, but this is no blankets, tank top and shorts warm.

I'll keep you posted on my baking while sleeping status and maybe be a better blogger. No promises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can put clothes on,but you can't take skin off.

Abby said...

I like dad's comment. Though I will have to say that we caved and bought a space heater for our bedroom too. I can't have the electric blanket up too high due to the bun in the oven and 64 degrees was just too cold for sleep.