Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Russo Wedding

Many of you may remember the post I wrote about how my friends Tim and Jana got engaged, but for those who didn't, you can find it here.

I attended their wedding on May 30, in Westhampton, NY. The location was absolutely gorgeous, as were the bride and groom. The food was exceptionally yummy and the best food presentation of the night goes to the french fries, served in champagne glasses with ketchup on the bottom. Pure genius.

I also loved the fact that I reconnected with so many people that I've met throughout the, um, 7 (I think) years I've known Jana. Yes, 7, she was an exceptionally bad influence on me my junior year in Lawrence. I remember.

I've never met someone who is so good at keeping people abreast of the happenings in her other friends' lives. So many people I met I said, "Oh you're [INSERT NAME]"! It was great to finally put a name to so many of the friends and family I'd been hearing about for years.

I've also met a lot of Tim's friends and family over the years that we've all be living in New York. They added so much fun and flavor to the festivities. I'm so glad I've gotten the opportunity to know them.

It was an amazing, moving wedding and it was a blast. I did a really poor job taking pictures but I'll be sure to post to the pictures their photographer took as soon as their available. You can see some pictures he took from the wedding on his website. If you're getting married, and need a wedding photographer, hire this man if at all possible. He takes amazing pictures, loves what he does (just read the blog) and is a nice guy to boot.

Jana and Tim, I wish you a very happy future.

No comments: