Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Road trip to Virginia

So I went down to Charlottesville, VA this past weekend, with Sabrina, to visit Gretchen who was finishing up her first year of law school. We had a great time.

I trained down to DC on Thursday night and hit the PSB happy hour. It was great to see and catch up with old coworkers, some of whom I haven't seen in the nearly 2 years since I left. There were a lot of new faces but everyone was very friendly. We ended up heading to Northern VA after the happy hour to continue the festivities and I ended up staying out a smidge late on a school night. Whoops.

Worked in DC on Friday then Sabrina and I headed to Charlottesville around 3:30ish. Yeah, apparently we didn't leave soon enough (doesn't anyone work in this town?!?) because we got stuck in some really bad traffic. The trip that is supposed to take 2 hours 30 mins took nearly 5 hours. It likely would have taken longer had Sabrina's boyfriend, Sean, not sent us directions to cut through side roads to get there. Rural VA is very pretty and made me miss home. SD, not NYC, not too many cows in NYC.

We saw lots of Charlottesville attractions, Bodos bagels, Buddhist Biker Bar, Cane's Chicken Fingers, the Downtown Mall, The Biltmore Grill (delicious drinks) and met a ton of new people. One of whom was nice enough to drive me back to NYC so I didn't have to take the bus. I fail as co-pilot, we kind of forgot to get of 495 and we looped around, about...270 degrees. Again, Whoops.

I've uploaded pictures on my Picasa site to the left. A lot of them are from Monticello (which was very pretty). Anyone heading to Virginia, you should be sure to add it to your list. Charlottesville too. Two, very enthusiastic thumbs up.

1 comment:

SmartAsh said...

Are we planning on waiting a full month before a new post? What would eric say? I'm not sure that it even works in this context, but I'm just trying it out...