Sunday, December 30, 2007

Bad blogger! Very bad blogger

Ok, so I've been MIA for the last month but that's what happens around the holidays I guess. I had a great time at home for Christmas and experienced my first White Christmas in several years. White Christmas tops brown Christmas by approximately...a lot.

I finally put together a present that I have been thinking about for several years. I know, my niece/nephew are only 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 but this plan has been in formation for some time. I put a 24 x 36 map on a magnetic board and then put magnets with family members pictures on it. Then put the magnets with family members faces on them and put them in their respective spots in the country. See picture:




Even though they're still very young I am DETERMINED that they will know geography. Why is Whitney in SoCal you ask? Well, Whitney will be marching in the Rose Bowl parade on New Years Day between 12 and 1pm EST! Watch for her in the Pride of South Dakota marching band. One person that will be really excited to watch is Gabrielle who requested to watch "Aunt Whitty Marching Band" several times when home for Christmas (Whit has a DVD of performances which is a HUGE hit in the 2 year old demographic). Try to check her out!

1 comment:

SmartAsh said...

I'm glad you snuck a blog posting in for December... :-) Don't leave me hanging!! Happy New Year!!