Wednesday, September 05, 2007

To the Theatahr

I caught a few Broadway shows in the past month courtesy of some amazing friends and guests.

In early August I attended Grease with the Amos family who was in town from Kansas City. I had no idea but Danny and Sandy were selected on a reality show. Sarah filled me in while we were waiting for the show to start so I wasn't completely unaware. I really enjoyed in and behaved myself and did NOT sing aloud though incredibly tempted.

When Alicia came to town we got tickets at the tkts center at South Street Seaport (had never been there either). Tkts has discounted tickets the day of the show. The seats are usually pretty good though its not guaranteed that you'll get to see the show you want so you have to go in with some options.

We went to The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. I have to say they get the award for best incorporation of the audience into the show. The seats actually look like they're bleachers in a school gymnasium. It was a really cute show and I recommend it to anyone with parents in town. There are some potentially embarrassing parts but nothing like Avenue Q.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I saw this when I lived in Denver! 2 of the girls, the one in overalls and the one with a lisp, came into the salon I worked at and insisted I go. It was really funny.

SmartAsh said...

Avenue Q is in LA this fall and I hella want to see it! I love that all of the ads have huge disclaimers that the show is, in fact, not suitable for children. I wonder how many parents brought their kids before the disclaimers were put in place??