Friday, August 24, 2007

I AM A NEW YORKER!

What makes me say this you ask? Is it...
  • That I've been living in New York almost a year? No, according to most, you're not a New Yorker unless you've been living in NYC for ~4-7 years (depends on who you ask)
  • That I received my New Yorker renewal? Nah, I've been reading the New Yorker for years.
  • That I've eaten my 1000th bagel. Sadly, no. I enjoy the NYC bagel but at the rate of nearly 3 a day, I'd be as big as a house.

NOPE!!! I was invited to join a synagogue today. I have never been more flattered. The only way I can think that I got this is that I joined a Jewish community service organization which I greatly admire and they gave this synagogue my address. The invitation is lovely, complete with an envelope for the high holy day reservations.

I don't think I will be taking them up on their offer but I'm so flattered. Sigh. I heart New York.

2 comments:

SmartAsh said...

I'm going to buy you a mezuzah for your apt. I'm so proud of you.

:-)

Deb said...

You have my blessing to go to the synagogue as long as you get a contact name for the person who runs all of the cemeteries.