Thursday, April 05, 2007

Today is My Friday

Back in the day when I was selling pancakes at the wonderful establishment that is Perkins, every day someone else had their "Friday". Since Perkins is a 24/7 establishment, full timers would get two consecutive days off in the week. So frequently women would come in on Tuesday and say, "It's my Friday!". Well you know what folks, today is my Friday. Woot woot.

I leave tomorrow morning (pre-dawn) for the great state of South Dakota by way of Nebraska and Iowa. This weekend is not just the Easter holiday, but also the Annual Karpen Grain auction. People around the Jefferson/Elk Point area bring their stuff to my dad's shop to be auctioned off. Most of the stuff is farm machinery, but dad has gotten some pretty cool non-farm stuff in the past. Like our pet dog, Toby, that we got when we were little. So, it's a ceramic dog, we still loved him.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I'm pretty sure at least a couple of my bikes as a kid came from the Karpen Grain auction.