Tuesday, April 10, 2007

South Dakota Easter Weekend Extravaganza

My weekend home was really nice and I got to spend lots of quality time with the family. In the house. It was a lovely 20-some degrees on Friday with a windchill in the single digits. Let's just say, I tried to spend as little time outside is possible.

I did manage to stop by the Karpen Grain Auction for a bit on Saturday to say hi to my fam helping out with the auction. It always amazes me the number of people that attend the annual event. The first hint is always the number of trucks lining the perimeter of the shop, the second hint is all the people following the auctionner in their work clothes. As my bro-in-law Matt said, "Carhart as far as the eye can see."

Some exciting developments, 1) I got a new computer, which I blogged about earlier, and 2) for the first time in YEARS I didn't eat my whole easter bunny. And while the reason may be that I put it in my suitcase, and could not access it until 11:15 when I started unpacking, it still counts.

On a sad note, our dog Lucy passed away a week ago. She was nearly 15 years old and probably the best dog I'll ever know.

No comments: