Thursday, November 09, 2006

Deeeeeliveries

Ordering thing online has never been so easy since I moved to New York. All the retailers must have distribution centers right outside NYC to take care of Greater New York. You order something from Barnes & Noble, it's delivered within 24 hours if you live in Manhattan. I ordered from Drugstore.com late yesterday afternoon in an effort to not have to pay RIDICULOUS prices for basic toiletries and I got notice that it's set to be delivered later today. That's bizarre! Even NetFlix has a 1 day turnaround on getting me new movies.

Hurray for Internet shopping! Even though it gets here so quickly, I will still probably have all my Christmas packages shipped directly to Mom and Dad's so I don't have to schlep all my packages all over New York.

Update: Received drugstore.com package at 11:15 am EST. Psyched. That's faster than I can make time to go to the drugstore and buy stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the tax thing still works the same as when I lived in NJ, you don't pay sales tax if you have the store in NYC ship it out of state for you...save the 8.25% or whatever NYC sales tax is now.