Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Transit Check Hoopla

My company issues transit checks as an added benefit to those who work in our NYC office so every 6 weeks we're given $60 in transit checks that can be used in the Metro system. I was just sitting at my desk and "I have transit checks available" pops up in the preview window in Outlook. I turned around and everyone is SPRINTING toward our office managers office. I think if a child was in their way they would have pushed them down. I have never seen people in an office running so fast. People were reaching out to touch walls to make sure they wouldn't run into anything while still sprinting full force.

Luckily I quickly figured out what was happening and joined the race and proudly must say that I was 5th in line. Look at all that athleticism. It doesn't hurt that I'm on the same floor and somewhat near the office manager. Looking forward to the next transit check day!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Dumb questions - why aren't they direct deposited? When I lived in Boston, that's how they did it...