Monday, October 02, 2006

Drinking more H2O

I hate drinking water but according to everything I read, drinking water is the solution to, not overeating, having nice skin, staying energized, etc. So, I read in SHAPE that if you want to drink more water, use a straw. I've been drinking water out of my giant Nalgene bottle with a straw for 2 days now and let me say that I drink a lot more water. "Any" would be more than I had been drinking so I think this is a step in the right direction. So far today I've had Approximately 40 oz of water which is well on my way to the suggested 64 oz per day.

However, like my favorite greeting card brand (Fresh Ink) says "If you drink the suggested eight, 8 oz glasses of water daily...your new hobby will be peeing."

5 comments:

Della said...

Don't get creeped out, I'm friends w/ Aviry and Alicia and I was perusing blogs and came upon yours.

I, like Avs, am a nurse and have a little insight on your water dilemma.

Yes, drinking through a straw will help get more water INTO your body, but your body also doesn't absorb as much of it. For maximum absorption, drink very cold water and SIP on it constantly throughout the day. For some unknown reason, the body absorbs colder water better.
Trust me, your body will thank you.

RoxieNYC said...

Ooooh, good tips. This may be the reason the water is not energizing me. I'm trying not to fall asleep at my desk.

Alicia said...

Water is the miracle fluid. I'm a big fan of hydration. I can easily go through 3-4 Nalgene bottles on a good day.

Although someone told me to drink room temperature water and that your body absorbs that better...hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I hate drinking water but you are kind of inspiring me to try harder. I've decided I dont like drinking water because of the ugly evil hot/cold cups that I have to drink out of in my office. I am going to go buy a pretty nalgene bottle for inspiration. And I hope its cold water that absorbs better cause thats how I roll.

Anonymous said...

Yes, a little water is good, but I've found that guzzling mass quantities has only made me feel bloated and fat. I don't think it makes my skin look better, I buy $40 skin cream for that. But I've always said that a coke and a beer every day is good for you, so no one really listens to me anyway. Miss you Rox!